Heyy! Today I’m doing another tag, and this one I’m really excited about because we all know I have a lot of unpopular opinions. I wasn’t tagged specifically (again) but I did see it on Jessica’s blog over at The Awkward Book Blogger and thought it would be fun.
1. A popular book EVERYONE loves that you have no interest in reading?
The After series! I’ve seen it everywhere, everyone seems so hyped about it, but I’ve heard, and I maybe be wrong, that it was originally a Harry Styles fanfic, so that’s a no go.
2. A classic book (or author) you don’t have an interest in reading?
For some absurd reason Frankenstein. I really don’t know why, I just don’t really want to, there’s something about it that I just don’t like.
3. An author whose books you have no interest in reading?
This sounds odd, but YouTuber books, things like Girl Online, You Gotta Want It, How To Be A Bawse and Adultolescence. This isn’t a specific author, more like a group of authors (or people who have their name on the front cover but didn’t actually write the book themselves). I saw a video by Jack Edwards on this, he read YouTuber books for 24 hours straight, and it was amazing, so go check that out if you’re interested.
3.2. A problematic author whose books you have no interest in reading?
Emily Duncan. Thats all I have to say really.
4. An author you have read a couple of books from & have decided their books are not for you?
Ok this might be controversial, and please don’t murder me, but John Green. I know. I apologize. I’ve just tried so many times to read his books, and I’ve hated them all those times. The only book of his I actually liked was The Fault In Our Stars, and I recently reread that and realized I hate, so…
5. A genre you have no interest in OR a genre you tried to get into & couldn’t?
Sci-fi. I wish I was cool enough for that, but I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, I don’t like books set in the future, but in the past. I’d much rather read about things like battles and horse riding in the dessert with bows and arrows and swords than books set in the future.
6. A book you have bought but will never read? (this can be a book you have unhauled/returned to the library unread)
I’ve returned many books unread to the library, but the latest was A Little Life. I do want to read it eventually, but I don’t think now is a great time for that. Please, if you are thinking of reading it, look up the trigger warnings, look up reviews, just make sure that that kind of book is okay for you to read. I know it sounds very compelling to read now that I’ve said that I can’t recommend it lightly, but unless you are certain you are okay reading books like that, please do stay away from it.
7. A series you have no interest in reading OR a series you started & have dnf’d?
Say it with me: Shatter Me. I know. I’m sorry.
8. A new release you have no interest in reading?
Hmm. I don’t know. Umm. Yeah I have no idea.
Feel free to try this if you want to, its a lot of fun. You are all tagged!