Hi! It’s been another month, and now in September I’m going back to school. It’s fine. Anyhow, welcome to this month’s wrap up! I ended up only reading 5 books, which isn’t that bad, but I was definitely hoping for more. I blame it on Siege and Storm, because that book draaaagged! It’s okay though, high hopes for next month.
- Shadow and Bone : ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Surprised? Same. I think I’ve been judging the first book because of the rest of them, but if I’m honest book 1 was actually really good. I was team Malina, Alina was a really cool character, and the Darkling was okay.
- Siege and Storm : ⭐⭐⭐ It’s going down. This book took me a decade to finish, and I would have rated it lower if the ending hadn’t been quite so exciting. Also Nikolai. I love him so much 🤧
- Ruin and Rising : DNF I started this book a few days after Siege and Storm (I needed recovery time) and then promptly put it down and didn’t continue. I will go back to it eventually, just not now
- Six of Crows (reread) : ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Crows. Thats it. Thats the whole review. Ok kidding, but I do love them so much. I love the development and how intricate all the characters are, and just everything about this book. It did take longer to read because I was tabbing it, but I’m glad I did
- A Thousand Splendid Suns : ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This rating is completely my fault, because much as I loved this book with my whole being, I ruined it for myself before so I just didn’t quite get the impact ending
- The Kite Runner : ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Khaled Hosseini is now one of my favourite authors, I’ve read two of his books this months and neither missed the mark. This one was heartbreaking and I am here for every second of it!
Since writing this post I’ve also read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Yes, I’ve given into the hype. And I would give it 3.75 stars. Bit specific I know. It was a really good book, I read it in 2 days because it was so intriguing. Soon I’ll write a review of it on here talking more about it, but yeah, I just wanted to mention that I also read this one.
- Ace of Spades // The hype has worn on me, I’m reading this book now.
- One Of Us Is Lying Trilogy // I bought these books this month, so I figured I’ll read them sooner rather than later
- King Of Scars & Rule of Wolves // I love Nikolai so much, and I’ve heard Kaz and the Crows are in Rule of Wolves, so I’m buzzing with excitement! Also Nina
- Illuminae // I bought this book last month I think, hoping that I would read it quickly, but I haven’t yet, so September would be a good time to.
- Ace of Spades
- The Bane Chronicles
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- One of Us Is Lying
- One of Us Is Next
- Two Can Keep A Secret
I’m writing this post the day I finished The Kite Runner, and it finished me. I’m dead. This book was so so beautiful, its one of those books where you feel completely helpess after reading it, and it just feels like there’s nothing left in the world to read.
Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm shares her favourite books every summer for four years, and I love the idea of a Shadowhunters summer (flashback to last November)
Maddie @ Inking and Thinking tells us some of her bookish pet peeves (same on all of them)
Caro @ CJR The Brit did a catch up on the 20 books of summer challenge, and like, wow, that’s impressive 👏
I actually can’t believe its almost September, it really doesn’t feel real that I’m going back to school and all, but here we are I guess. I hope everyone has had a wonderful August, and has an even better September 💙